The Hunter is getting a lot of investment in renewable energy developments, decarbonising industry, and new sectors such as battery manufacturing, green hydrogen and offshore wind. We can be a global leader in clean energy and manufacturing. To secure this future we need a job ready workforce to fill crucial skills gaps and attract further investment. Now is the time for the government to be funding quality public vocational education. We need to create a TAFE New Industries Training Centre. Come along and hear from experts and local stakeholders discussing the proposal, and the Hunter Jobs Alliance campaign to win this important investment for our region.
- Newcastle Shows Support For Development Of Offshore Wind Industry
- Hunter Jobs Alliance brings together a broad range of organisations, calling for greater consultation and environmental protections for the Hunter Offshore Wind project
- HJA supports Federal Government’s announcement of a greatly expanded Capacity Investment Scheme to back renewable energy and storage.
- Hunter Jobs Alliance leads the push for a TAFE Energy Centre of Excellence in the Hunter
- HJA promotes need for well funded transition authorities to support workers in coal-fired power stations